Top Contemporary Public Art, Frescoes and Alchemical Installations in the U.S.
Explore these visionary art installations on your cross-country travels! We picked the public art hotspots across the U.S. that will inspire you and challenge your ideas of line, space and scope.
New York and L.A. are often considered bedrocks for modern art and culture, but we’ve also included Midwestern locations, like Omaha and Chicago, that display contemporary artists who are redefining the public art landscape.
- MoMA PS1 in Long Island City "Wendy" by HWKN
- Museum of Art, Philadelphia "Lines in Four Directions in Flowers" by Sol LeWitt
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York "Cloud City" by Tomás Saraceno
- Omaha, Nebraska "Two Rainbows: Certain Principles of Light and Shapes Between Forms" by Michael Jones McKean
- Downtown Chicago "Color Jam" by Jessica Stockholder
- Los Angeles "Levitated Mass" by Michael Heizer